The Discovery Church story
- In April 2013, a group of people came together around the vision to start a new church in our city. From this first meeting, with the support of our sending church (Hope Church in Las Vegas), 8 families committed to start what is now Discovery Church. None of us knew what was in store, but we were excited about what God was calling us into!
- From May through July 2013, we began to meet weekly in order to pray and prepare for this new church. God used those first meetings to prepare our hearts and lives for the journey he was going to take us on.
- Our next step came in August 2013, when we began to host an in-home bible study that was open to the community. We met together on Sunday nights through April 2014, enjoying a time of growth and fellowship with one another. These were precious days in the life of our church.
- On Easter 2014 we held our first Sunday morning worship service at Reedom Elementary School. We met at Reedom through June 2018.
- In July 2018, we moved into our first permanent space at 4266 S. Durango Drive, and we meet there on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am.